Home Water Softening and Filtration Systems
Water Softening and Filtration Systems
Everyone needs safe, reliable drinking water. Local water treatment facilities do a good job of providing an adequate water source for the city-wide water system. However, they don't filter out the chemicals and other contaminants that may enter the water pipes between the treatment plant and your faucet.
Water entering your home may have low levels of pesticides, lead, and metals. Well water is especially susceptible to contamination since it is not treated by a water treatment plant. Minerals in the water, which is called "hard-water", can also be a concern. Some of the contaminants frequently found in drinking water can include:
- Aluminum, which is associated with impaired brain function.
- Arsenic, which is a known carcinogen and linked to circulatory damage.
- Barium, which contributes to high blood pressure.
- Beryllium, a probable carcinogen and toxic chemical.
- Cadmium, which is associated with kidney disease.
- Chromium, which damages the liver, kidney and nervous system.
- Copper, which can cause stomach irritation.
- Lead, which is believed to cause brain and kidney damage and is particularly harmful to children.
- Lithium, which can cause diarrhea, nausea and kidney damage.
- Manganese, which is toxic to expectant mothers and younger children.
- Thallium, which is believed to cause hair loss and damage the intestinal tract kidneys and liver.
- Zinc, which can lead to anemia.
SCARED YET? Pesticides and herbicides, which have leached into groundwater and are known to contain countless hazardous chemicals.
While the health risks associated with these contaminants are the result of prolonged exposure to high levels of them, most people will agree that consuming any amount of these known poisonous substances is not desirable and would choose to safeguard their family's health by reducing their exposure to toxins of this nature. One of the best ways to prevent contaminants in your water is a water filtration system. There are many options on the market.
Hard Water Filters and Conditioning Systems
"Hard water" contains more minerals in it than ordinary water, which can damage your plumbing system by clogging pipes and making it difficult for soap and detergent to dissolve. The accumulation of these minerals (called "lime scale") causes stains on fixtures, fogginess in glasses and spots on dishes. If you have any of these issues, you should consider installing a water softener. Water softening is the process of removing substances like calcium and magnesium from the water in your plumbing. Softening your water will raise the efficiency and expand the life-span of everything that needs plumbing in your home. Aqua Wolf Plumbing offers several options that can help you prevent or eliminate the effects of scale build-up and hard water:
Traditional Water Softeners
Traditional whole house water softeners remove calcium and magnesium ions from water and replace those ions with a potassium or sodium ion. This eliminates the possibility of scale build-up. Using a whole house water softener, improves the water quality, which you'll notice in the taste and clarity of your water.
In addition to better water quality, there are other benefits of a whole home water softener:
- Healthier and softer skin.
- A shower stall without water spots.
- Save money on soaps and detergents.
- Spot-free dishes using less soap.
- Prolong the life of your water heater, appliances and fixtures.
- Prolong the life of your whole plumbing system.
Whole House Water Filtration System
You don't just drink the water from your pipes, you cook with it and bathe in it, too. Your body absorbs a lot of water during baths or showers as well. Aqua Wolf Plumbing recommends a whole house water filtration to eliminate the contaminates and chemicals in your homes plumbing system.
Whole house water filters are different from water softeners. They may not eliminate scale build-up, but they do reduce all kinds of other contaminants and bacteria. If you've noticed the water in your home is not clear, smells bad, tastes bad, or makes your skin and hair dry, then you should consider a whole home water filter. Whole house filtration can last your home more than a decade and it doesn't need maintenance.
Here are some of the benefits of whole house water filters:
- Dispenses a constant supply of purified water throughout the whole house.
- Eliminates bad taste and odor by reducing chlorine, chloramines, carbon based organic compounds (VOC's) such as pesticides, herbicides and industrial solvents that are in your tap water.
- Enhances the flavor of food and water mixed beverages.
- Healthier and less wrinkled skin by eliminating chlorine.
- Extends the life of your fixtures, faucets, and pipes by removing chemicals in your water.
- Save money and time by not buying bottled water or water filters.
Contact Aqua Wolf for Water Softening and Filtration Systems
If you would like to find out more about Water Softening and Filtration Systems and how you can get a complete water treatment solution for your home, all you have to do is give us a call at 888-426-9653 or fill out our online form below. Aqua Wolf Plumbing takes great pride in the work we do which includes educating our customers.
Aqua Wolf Plumbing provides top quality plumbing services in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Connecticut.